Position: Executive Director
Purpose: To give direction and leadership towards the implementation of the vision, goals, and policies & procedures as determined by the Board of Directors in order to achieve KCLB’s mission to “inspire, connect and mobilize Christian catalytic leaders and collaborative movements in cities and neighborhoods for holistic community transformation”.
Please send in resume, completed job application, & cover letter to Jeanette Cheng, Jeanettec@kingdomcauses.org.
Reports to: Board of Directors
- Board Administration and Support
- Together with the Board, to pray for and humbly seek God’s direction for KCLB.
- Together with the Board President, to cooperate with the Board as they fulfill their governance responsibility over the organization.
- To support the operation and administration of the Board by: advising and informing the Board, presenting and reporting on compliance at Board meetings, and interfacing between the Board and staff.
- Leadership and Direction of KCLB’s Initiatives, Programs, and Events
- To provide the environment and tools necessary for the Executive Director (ED) and Board to develop yearly Strategic Plans for KCLB.
- In accordance with KCLB’s yearly Strategic Plan, to oversee the development, promotion, delivery and follow-up of all KCLB activities (KCLB Monthly Pastor Meetings, Homeless Task Force, Human Trafficking Task Force, AmeriCorps – Community Development, Church of the City Initiatives, Special Events…)
- To plan, prepare and present at Monthly KCLB Pastor’s Meetings. To engage church leaders and build a growing group of church partners in the city.
- To administer the two-year capacity-building California Endowment Foundation grant in Long Beach that includes Asset Mapping the faith based community and connecting our network to the California Endowment initiatives.
- Community and Public Relations
- To establish strategic partnerships and relationships with individuals, churches, businesses, local leaders, agencies and institutions that will help further God’s purpose and KCLB’s goals.
- To effectively and consistently communicate KCLB’s initiatives and mission/vision to the community.
- To “tell our story” and share what God has done via website, blog, newsletters, photos, storytelling, meetings, public speaking engagements etc.
- To preach, teach, facilitate and/or present at conferences, churches, community groups, network meetings – both in Christian and secular settings – in an effort to communicate KCLB’s ministry, community development principles, or other topics, as needed.
- Fundraising and Donor Discipleship
- To oversee the fundraising planning and implementation.
- To cultivate new donors and to disciple current donors.
- To forge strategic partnerships for collaborate funding.
- To research, submit and administrate grants.
- Kingdom Building
- To actively participate in prayer gatherings, citywide meetings and collaborative efforts that furthers the idea of a “Church of the City” in Long Beach.
- To participate in City Net meetings and related to Christian community development efforts happening in Southern California.
- Staff and Volunteer Discipleship
- To recruit and disciple qualified staff and volunteers.
- To develop and implement appropriate human resource policies and procedures for: staff/volunteer training, staff/volunteer evaluations, hiring and firing, professional development, professional conduct and standards.
- To meet with staff/volunteers for prayer, professional development, spiritual discipleship and goal setting.
- To develop and implement organizational structure appropriate for KCLB’s operations.
- To delegate projects effectively while maintaining quality and cohesiveness.
- To ensure that the administrative foundation and infrastructure of the organization is continually developing and strengthening as KCLB grows and changes over time.
- To work with the board to establish our own 501(c)(3).
- Financial Management
- Prepares and monitor the annual budget.
- Directs financial activities and makes decisions based on plans and policies.
- Oversees all bookkeeping, accounting and financial activities with City Net.
- Christian ministry experience.
- A strong desire to see churches, across denominational and racial lines, praying together and serving alongside one another.
- Strong heart of compassion for the widowed, orphaned, abused, and neglected individuals in our community.
- Very strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable in relating to church leaders of all denominations.
- Live in the city of Long Beach, CA.
- Ability to apply Scripture to everyday situations as well as challenges in work/ministry.
- Experience in compassion ministry, community outreach, community development and/or discipleship.
- Demonstrated experience in leading others.
30 hours per week, typically 9am-5pm Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend ministry events and evening meetings.
Pay: Based upon experience